May 14, 2012

Tattooing was a huge part of my life for many lost years.  Maybe there is a serious correlation there (that is another post and possibly years of lying in a chaise longue talking about my mother), but as I've aged it has slowly been left, not by the wayside, but I'd say on a backburner.  It is no longer the defining factor of my person or a fixation.  Perhaps I have reached this stage not because of an imminent necessity to mature mentally, but because of what I encounter in my now brief interactions with tattooing.  All the new work I see is mainly alterations of old classics or just plain mediocre.  That's life when you get into a culture and tunnel down to a certain depth- it all looks the same.  But this guy, this guy, Henry Lewis, he is one of the different ones.

http://theskullandsword.com/artists/henry-lewis

Understandable when you see he works alongside Grime and other leaders of tattooing.  The rabbit with petals particularly blew me away.  Not that I would want a rabbit on me, but damn it struck a chord.  Ironically it is in my opinion a simple tattoo.  And then he bangs out a b&w semi-demonic sheep's head that oozes talent.  Amazing stuff.

Anyways, he kind of, sort a, gets me hard for this old, inky mistress of mine.  If only I could get Todaro to get something with me...


No comments:

Post a Comment